Sunday 3 February 2013

Fruitalicious and Strawberry Fields!

This weekend I paid a visit to my favourite store T2, and I was lucky enough to score some goodies while I was ohhh-ing and ahh-ing my time away in this mecca.  Given that my other two posts have talked about black teas, I thought that it would be a good time to diversify into fruit blends. Fruit lovers you're in for a treat!

The first of my favourite fruit tea blends is aptly called Fruitalicious. This tea is a tantalising mix of apples, papaya, kiwi fruit, blueberries, cranberries, goji berries and dragon fruit- soo fruitalicious! It smells very sweet and has a hint of citrus, perhaps from the kiwi fruit. In terms of taste, there is an explosion of fruit on the tongue, with the blueberries and cranberries being the main elements that I can taste. Despite this, the fruit all work harmoniously together to leave a beautiful sweet taste on your tongue.

Fruitalicious tea in my
new Moroccan glass
To brew this tea I used about 2 teaspoons of tea per 200 ml of water and let it brew for about 5 minutes. Despite letting it soak for so long, I found it interesting that this tea remained a very light orange colour instead of darkening like some other teas that I have tried before. That aside, the thing I really like about this tea is that it can be served hot or cold and it is also caffeine free.  It can therefore be enjoyed in any season and at anytime of the day or night. Not that I am sensitive to caffeine or anything.

Moving onto my second favourite fruit tea: Strawberries & Cream, an absolute desert delight. This tea is a mix of strawberry, rosehips with apple, hibiscus petals and whole white yoghurt pieces. Like Fruitalicious, Strawberries & Cream smells devine- it is best described like sweet, freshly picked strawberries that prevail in not only smell, but also in taste. This tea literally tastes like berries, but the strawberry pieces are the key players in this tea. They work with the other ingredients to leave a sweet, velvety taste in your mouth that seems to linger long after you have swallowed. The finish is very crisp and fresh. Simply yummy.


Loose strawberry tea












The thing that I really like about this tea is that unlike Fruitalicious, it has a beautiful deep red colour. This blood red is very pretty to look at in your cup or glass. The second thing that caught my attention is the yoghurt pieces that are mixed in the blend. I never thought yoghurt and tea would make a good combination, but they are actually a match made in heaven. Definitely leaves me dreaming of endless strawberry fields! 

Whats your favourite fruit tea? These warm summer days call out for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment