Sunday 3 February 2013

Summer in Australia


Oh when I look back now
                                     That summer seemed to last forever
And if I had the choice
 Ya - I'd always wanna be there
Those were the best days of my life


Bryan Adams' song Summer of '69 always gets me thinking of long, warm days! 


The past two months have been hot here, hotter than the last two summers. Instead of the usual bout of chilly days that come with Melbourne's temperamental weather, we have had mostly sunshine and clear blue skies. 

Most of the time I am usually rushing through my day- busy, distracted and thinking about other people and things. But these last few months I've been trying to slow down and appreciate what is around me and the beauty of this season.

As I have been on uni holidays for the past 2 months, I thought that I would use my time to post some pictures of the things that represent eternal summer to me- gorgeous sunsets and beaches, endless sunshine and delicious food. Yum. 

I hope you that you enjoy this photo collage, be it cold or hot, sunny or rainy where you 
are.
Sunset at the beach


Reading in the sun

Parasailing in Bali

Summer is also a time for shopping and presents, because EVERYONE likes presents! I like to think I am a bit of a shopaholic so here are a few of my favourite purchases/gifts so far....

Jelly Beans shoes (I want a pair in every colour!)
Iris scented candle- smells devine
Happy Monday, everyone. Hope your week is filled with good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment